Thursday, March 21, 2013

Browser Wars!

I would say it's about time I returned to putting my thoughts here rather than letting them accumulate in my head. You may have noticed the comment on my homepage regarding web video compatibility. Upon purchasing my new Android, I had discovered the formats of the movies on my site were incompatible - including Flash which I thought was the standard across the board! Once again, the consumer is a victim of corporate competition gone wild! If I want my movies viewable on the Droid, I will need to create HTML5 players. But there are still browsers out there that don't yet support HTML5. Therefore I have to create "options" for every possible viewer - aaarrrghh! So, while I concentrate on higher priority projects, please visit my Vimeo and YouTube channels if you cannot view my videos in your present browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment