Friday, March 5, 2010

Wha? There was something before the dome?

Every now and then you find students with a true interest in what existed before their time. Such is the case with SU Students Gordon Brookes and Erick Ferris who looked back to a time before the Carrier Dome and chose as their senior thesis film project a documentary on Archbold Stadium.

I was a freshman at SU during the final semester of the stadium and happened to have a dorm room overlooking the stadium. I had shot Super 8 film of the final game and posted it on YouTube. Actually the YouTube posting happened a couple years ago - had you thinking for a moment, didn't I?



In their search for footage of the stadium, they came upon my posting. I provided them with my raw footage and photographs then submitted to an interview. The result was this fantastic documentary embedded below!

N-joy!



Archbold Stadium, The Story of '78 from Gordon Brookes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment